Why KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig?
Centering for symmetrical sharpening
- Centers the knife in the jig for optimal, symmetrical results.
- Centers tapered knives and holds them firmly.
- An extra stop for tall knives, such as cleavers.
- Ability to shape a slightly convex edge with a movement between the two stops.
- Robust design – zinc-cast clamps and durable composite handle.
- Well-balanced – most of the weight is focused to the clamps, which provides a more balanced feel when sharpening.
- Slides smoothly with low friction against the universal support.
- Works with both Tormek T-4 and Tormek T-8, as well as older models.
When you mount your knife in the KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig, the knife self-centers in the jig, whatever its thickness or geometry. This means that the jig centers everything from the thinnest knives to knives with a thickness of up to 10 mm. It also means that knife blades that taper off from back to edge and heel to tip are centered in the jig, providing symmetrical grinding on both bevels of the knife. Easy setup, perfect results.Guided freedom
Because the KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig is positioned with the stop resting freely against the universal support, you are able to follow the shapes of the knife, always guided by the universal support as a reference point. This makes it possible to sharpen knives with different blade shapes, from craft knives to recurve knives and classic chef's knives.Fits most knives
The KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig centers knife blades up to 10 mm thick. You can sharpen knives with blades down to 60 mm (2 3/8") long and 12 mm (8/16") tall. For smaller knives, you can combine the knife jig with the SVM-00 Small Knife Holder, which enables you to sharpen even your very smallest knives. The KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig has an extra stop that makes it possible to sharpen really tall knives, such as cleavers. In combination with the US-430 Extended Universal Support, you can sharpen even taller knives or tools.
For knives with long and flexible blades, such as filleting knives, there is the KJ-140 Wide Centering Knife Jig, which stabilizes flexible blades for even and symmetrical results.Well-balanced and ergonomic
The user experience has also been in focus in the design and construction of the KJ-45 Centering Knife Jig. For the best sharpening experience, most of the jig's weight is focused to the clamps, the part that is closest to the sharpening itself. This provides a very well-balanced feel when it's used.
The end of the stop has been designed with ergonomics in mind. There is a flat surface to place your thumb on to secure the jig against the universal support. This little feature makes long periods of grinding more comfortable.